If you wish to give the Surface tablet to someone else, then there is a need to clear all data from the Surface tablet. You can use the Surface Data Eraser tool, which is designed by Microsoft to remove all the data from your computer. In this article, you will get to know the steps to complete this procedure successfully on your computer.
Steps for using Surface Data Eraser
Don’t know how to use the Surface Data Eraser? Then, go through the steps mentioned below to know the steps to use the Surface Data Eraser tool on your computer:
· Start downloading the Surface Data Eraser.
· It is located on the Microsoft online download center.
· Start installing the Surface Data Eraser on the smartphone.
· Connect the USB stick with the 4 GB of memory storage,
· Open the Microsoft Surface Data Eraser tool.
· Press on the Build option to the creating process of a media.
· Press on the Start option.
· Select the USB drive, which you wish to download the Surface Data Eraser.
· After that, press on the Start option.
· Let the procedure complete on your computer.
· After completing the creating process, exit from the creation tool.
Steps to clear all data from the Surface Tablet using the Surface Data Eraser
Do you want to clear all data from the Surface Tablet using the Surface Data Eraser tool? Then, you need to follow the steps mentioned below to do so:
· Connect the bootable Microsoft Surface Data Eraser USB stick in the Surface tablet.
· You need to set up the system firmware for booting to USB.
· Disable the Surface tablet.
· Keep pressing on the Volume Up option.
· Keep pressing on the Power option.
· Free the Volume Up key.
· Now, you will get the terms and conditions on the screen.
· Exit from the file.
· Enter into the Command prompt to agree on the terms and conditions.
· Type the below mentioned commands:
1. D to perform Diskpart: Choose the option for using the diskpart.exe to control the partitions on the hard drive disk.
2. S to begin the Data Erase: Choose the option to start removing the data.
3. You need to verify these steps.
4. After completing the process, enter S in the search bar.
5. Click on the Enter button for starting the device again.
6. Once you have opened this tool, all the data gets removed from the Surface device.
JEANNE E. WINFIELD is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for McAfee security products at mcafee.com/activate.